Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Class 6: Feel the Burn


'Calestenics' photo (c) 2005, Olaf Gradin - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/Okay, now we are officially more than half-way through the summer 'semester.'  Everyone is probably experiencing his/her own level of stress or lack there of.  I hope that tonight we can make some real progress with the presentation assignment and their assessment, as well as come to a better understanding of the requirements for TaskStream.

Only one new assignment tonight (applause please), the CyberSafety Collaborative Site.  In groups of six or fewer, you will create a website/wiki that deals with six main topics of cybersafety.  I would love if we could get one group to create a Spanish version as it might serve as a resource for the many of our county's Spanish speaking families.

Tonight I would like you to take the first part of class and polish up your presentations.  I will ensure that everyone is capable of embedding the presentations on a blog page.  The assessment will also be embedded on the same blog page along with a link to the results (Click Here for assessment requirements).  You will also be presenting your ideas to your grade level peers.

I have not made it through all of the NETS I narratives, but will do my best to finish before the end of the evening.  . . .or by Monday for sure ;-)

Question:  What is your current favorite timesucker?  This is the thing/activity/game/website/whatever that prevents you from doing other things you know you should be doing (like, say, completing work for this class).
Currently for me, it is definitely Angry Birds on my iPad. . .I have become obsessed with getting three stars on every level of my holiday edition. . .

22 comments:

  1. Handheld electronic Sudoku! I have been trying for weeks to beat my fastest time to solve a puzzle. I don't think Sudoku a total time sucker, since it does require strategy and quick analysis. Even though it requires brain power, it takes my mind away from the stresses of the day : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have the chance, I like to play my ps3. I am currently playing a zombie game, don't recall the name, but it is a tad violent but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely and shamefully facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a tie between three things....Watching HGTV, reading my Kindle or going hiking/swimming. When the weather is so nice out, I usually have a hard time wanting to be inside doing homework. But if I have to be inside and want to avoid homework, I will generally watch HGTV or read a "fun" book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Facebook & Twitter are my "techie" obsessions at the moment. It makes it worse that I got an iPhone b/c I can check those apps anytime & anywhere. It's definitely a good way to kill time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My obsession time sucker of the moment... going to thechive.com to see their crazy pictures and hanging with friends.. i lose complete track of time when i'm in that mode

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would have to be reading a book. For my birthday my kids gave me give cards from Barnes/Noble to buy myself a "NOOK", but with this class there is absolutely NO time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Playing with my dogs tends to take up a lot of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. On my google chrome homepage, there's a game called poppit where you have to pop ballons...its definitely a time sucker. Its the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely love playing and hanging out with my son over doing homework any day. But as far as when I am at school and really should be doing homework, I am typically sucked into Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angry Birds came in a close 2nd. However, my new favorite timesucker is a free app called Hanging with Friends. Here you get to play hangman on you ipad or iphone or whatever with you friends. You each get to create a word to try and stump your friend. It's very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get sucked into Facebook unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Facebook, you can waste hours on there. I look at friends photos, upload photos of my own, comment on people's pages, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can spend hours researching football updates everyday so I can on top of things when it's time for Fantasy Football.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like most have already said it is definitely Facebook for me as well. Almost every time I log onto a computer it somehow became automatic for me to log onto Facebook. Sometime I'll tell myself it will just be real quick to check one thing(not usually the case).

    ReplyDelete
  16. Time sucker for me...........watching the show Heroe's. I didn't watch it when it was on and heard it was good, so I checked it out and now I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely get sucked into Facebook and browsing through stupid internet memes on imgur.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Recipe for Daniel's current life:
    1 Part Ed422 Class
    1 Part Writing Music
    1 Part Playing Basketball

    Mix together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. #nerdalert!

    Right now I am really into reading novels. During the school year I never have time to, so over summer I tend to devour them. My most recent discovery was Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. Great book, recommend it to everyone. Right now I'm reading The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm probably going to have to say facebook when I have the time. It's an easy way to see what some of my friends have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cityville on facebook I used to love this game called farmville but now I am into Cityville.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Facebook! AHH! I hate it! I used to be so "anti-facebook" and now I can't get enough of it!I'm trying to limit myself by only checking that thing twice a day... that's it!

    ReplyDelete